When you’re convicted of a DUI offense, you need to search for the best DUI lawyer as soon as possible before the matter escalates. A DUI conviction might cost you thousands of dollars, revoked driver’s license, and in the worst-case scenario, prison. Your name will go up in the criminal record, undoubtedly affecting the other aspects of your life. But when you choose the perfect DUI attorney, you will be able to minimize the consequences. Not to mention, the attorney will also help you achieve the best outcome.
But finding the perfect DUI lawyer is not at all an easy task, especially when you’re facing criminal charges. We have prepared this article for you to help you find the right DUI lawyer.
In this article, we will discuss why you need to contact a DUI lawyer, the most important things to look for while hiring a DUI lawyer, and a couple of crucial questions to ask before hiring them.
Why Do You Need to Contact a DUI Lawyer?
Remember that being convicted while drunk driving is severe, and most states take stringent actions against the accused. Apart from jail time, a conviction can also result in a criminal record, fines, suspension of driving license, monthly expensive installments for an IID, and a mandatory alcohol education program.
A professional and reputed DUI lawyer’s primary objective is to ensure you don’t suffer from conviction while minimizing the potential penalties.
When you contact an experienced DUI lawyer, they will help you to:
- Fight the criminal charges to avoid conviction
- Explore the different aspects of the program to provide you with a clean record
- Create a solid case to convince the juries that you need a hardship license
- Prevent the evidence from falling into the hand of the judges
- Create an argument to reduce your sentence
- Negotiate on your behalf
If you don’t know the rules regarding drunk driving, check here for criminal DUI law.
Essential Things to Look for While Hiring a DUI Lawyer
While hiring a DUI lawyer, you need to make sure you’re hiring the right one so that they can help you avoid more complicated situations. As per Live Strong, drunk driving can cause accidents. Here are a couple of essential things to look for to ensure that you’re hiring a skilled DUI lawyer:
- The lawyer needs to have an active license as per the state
- The lawyer must not have any disciplinary actions against them
- The lawyer should have a valid degree
- The success rate of the lawyer at helping DUI clients should be higher
Important Questions to Ask a DUI Lawyer
When you want to hire a reputed DUI lawyer, here are a couple of important questions you need to ask to make sure they are the right one:
- How many DUI cases have they handled so far?
- What is their success rate?
- What is their fee structure, and how do they charge their clients?
- What strategy can they implement to prove your innocence?
This is the ultimate guide to knowing if you plan to hire a DUI lawyer. Do you have any other questions? Feel free to let us know in the comment section below.