The mission of Stratford University is to prepare students for rewarding careers through quality educational programs that meet the changing needs of employers and the community.
Stratford University is a private institution of higher learning, ranked among “The 20 Most Valuable Online Colleges in America 2019” by KnowledgeReview. Stratford has a diverse student body that includes recent high school graduates, working professionals, international students, and persons desiring to change their career fields. The University offers a variety of certificates, diplomas, associate’s, bachelor’s and master’s degrees in:
- Business Administration
- Computer Science and IT
- Health Sciences
- Hospitality and Culinary Arts
You Can Have a Successful Career with an Online Education
Stratford University offers a wide spectrum of online degree programs in many of today’s most rapidly-growing fields—tailored to help meet the demands of today’s employers. Our online programs are designed to help prepare you for exciting and rewarding career opportunities and develop the skills you need to pursue a thriving career in your selected field. Best of all, our convenient, career-focused online programs are designed to accommodate today’s busy lifestyles and help our students meet their educational goals without compromising the demands of their personal and professional life.
- We deliver all classes in an asynchronous format, allowing students to access study material at any time, seven days a week.
- Moodle platform is customizable to your individual needs, providing an easy platform for you to learn.
- You can finish assignments at times that fit into your busy schedule
- Books/learning materials are included in tuition
As an online student, you will receive the same level of support as those attending a campus. You’ll start with a personalized admissions process, Student Financial Services, Student Support, all the way to help with career placement from Career Services.
You Can Find a Diverse Instructional Philosophy
The University seeks to maximize the personal and academic growth of students while providing relevant skills and knowledge leading to satisfying careers. Students will find that Stratford embraces the diversity of our student body. We treat all beliefs with honor and feel that culture is the soul of our school. Our main campus at Falls Church is located in a thriving, multicultural area just outside of Washington D.C. We are known as the “Silicon Valley of the East” because of our deeply embedded tech industry. Our International students will find a warm welcome at the airport and we’ll help them with housing close to the campus. Our experienced faculty members have master’s, doctorates, and PhDs and are adaptive to different styles of online and classroom teaching, making learning a more enjoyable experience for students. Our faculty work in the field they teach and offer:
- Effective use of communication to reinforce the instructional message.
- Creative small-group projects are used to encourage student to student and student to faculty interaction.
- Programs are structured to cultivate an environment of teamwork.
- Individual assistance in classroom and online environments
Whatever your chosen path in college, we’ll be with you from the day you begin thinking of Stratford through admissions, your personal, professional and financial support needs to beyond graduation and your career planning.
You Can Reach Your Career Goals with a Stratford Education
The University is able to create this experience through carefully-planned academic programs and career advising, including timely curriculum revisions, hands-on learning experiences in appropriate undergraduate courses, and individualized assistance both in the classroom and online environments.
- Student’s career goals are met by matching students with appropriate programs of study
- Most programs are available online to meet the needs of busy, working individuals
- We provide a quality learning experience by employing faculty committed to learning and who demonstrate excellent teaching skills
- We offer relevant curricula through input from the governing board, advisory boards, and graduates
- We offer a comprehensive support program including financial planning, academic assistance, and other scholarships and grants
For over forty years, we have helped students find a place on the career ladder of their choice, many of whom are now in management positions or own their own businesses. The face and climate of today’s business world is changing rapidly. Economic growth and the constantly changing needs of modern industries can provide exciting and challenging opportunities for qualified graduates. Stratford University is at the forefront of these changes and is dedicated to assisting graduates with employment in the evolving job market. The University’s innovative approach to education helps graduates gain the skills and self-confidence needed to be successful.
You Can Get College Credits for Military Service
Stratford University is recognized as a military friendly school. We are a Yellow Ribbon School, meaning all tuition for veterans will be covered. Our Prior Learning Assessment program will give credit to military students for what they’ve learned on the job. We have a number of military education programs designed to help US military and former US military personnel complete their education. Stratford has established a Military Student Office to support the military student body. The mission of this office is to offer assistance with educational programs for military personnel (both active and former) as they complete their education.
Stratford Degree Programs Meet the Educational Needs of the Military:
- You’ll get college credits for your military experience—up to 75% for undergraduate and 50% for graduate
- Online programs so you can work at your own pace
- Flexible class schedules
- Rolling start dates with five entry points per year
- Career placement assistance
- Books included in tuition
You Can Be Sure Your School Is Accredited
Stratford University is accredited by the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS) to award our various certificates and degrees. ACICS is listed as a nationally recognized accreditation agency by the U.S. Department of Education and is recognized by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA), a national advocate and institutional voice for self-regulation of academic quality through accreditation