The college aims to provide a healthy educational environment for students and staff to cater to the needs of the society.
Vaagdevi College of Engineering was established in 1998 by the “Viswambhara Educational Society”. The college came into existence at the time of political turmoil, when winds were against the establishment of engineering colleges and there was a serious need of developing technical manpower. The society realized that there is an emphatic requirement of individualized personal technical education to develop skilled confident qualified graduates. Hence, the institute came into play and has been running strong since the last 20 years, focusing on creating responsible graduates, who would dedicate themselves towards solving social and global problems.
Vaagdevi offers superior infrastructural facilities to make sure that the students have a lasting learning experience. The campus is completely Wi-Fi enabled and is accompanied by world class infrastructure with a spacious air-conditioned auditorium, numerous seminar halls, cutting-edge digital learning spaces, and well-equipped laboratories with the latest equipment. The college houses carefully mentored/ tutored computer labs and a number of sports and games facilities. Additionally, they have a unique English language lab with 60 systems and a total of 300 systems, which are available for students in the computer labs.
Exceptional Educational Facilities
Vaagdevi group carries out a plethora of undergraduate and postgraduate programs in engineering, management, commerce, science, education, and so on. A total of about 30 institutes operate under the aegis of this group, in and around Warangal. The college focuses on providing the most effective B. Tech, M. Tech in Computer Science and Engineering and research programs, with more importance for better educational outcomes. They also aim to promote and implement close interdepartmental collaboration in educational programs with sound delivery methods.
The college offers a strong academic curriculum in a personalized and dedicated manner, which creates opportunities for students to enhance their skills and be industry ready. Students are given full freedom to select a subject of their choosing (within or outside their discipline). Moreover, if they want to pursue some other activity of their interest, they can spend time in the “Student Activity Centre”. Here, mentors use advanced technology to teach them many different and interesting new things. The college also provides personalized mentoring and counseling services. Besides, the faculty also maintains individual ‘student log’, which helps to track students’ performance and behavior.
About the Department of Computer Science and Engineering
Established in 1998-99 with 40 seats, the Department of Computer Science and Engineering (CSE) has increased its intake to 240 seats in the academic year 2012-13. The college approaches with the objective of achieving global excellence and focus on research and technology development. Endowed with a vibrant body of 70 dedicated and knowledgeable faculties, the CSE department focuses on providing a platform to all the stakeholders, where they can acquire knowledge about various emerging advanced technologies. By signing several MOUs with industry and academia, the department has opened doors to continuous interactions with the industry. This helps the students to gather in-depth knowledge of the industry and pursue higher studies abroad.
Salient Features of CSE Department
CSE department stands tall on the following:
- Student Mentoring System;
- Campus Recruitment Training
- Academic and Industry based Projects
- Choice Based Credit System
- Skill Development Programs for Industry Readiness
Vaagdevi marches ahead towards pursuing educational excellence under the ardent leadership of Dr. Ch. Devendar Reddy, the Secretary and Correspondent, and Dr. K. Prakash, the Principal. Dr. Reddy has won numerous laurels throughout his stellar career. He is the recipient of Hon’ble Doctorate from KSISIE International University for educational leadership on 26 Jun’18. Dr. Reddy has also received prestigious Shanthi Dhootha award for his contribution to the society and education. Dr. Prakash received Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D) from National Institute of Technology Warangal (NITW) in July 2012 for the research work on “Novel algorithms and meta-heuristic techniques for Distribution System Studies”. Leveraging about 20 years of experience, he has guided a Ph D scholar and has reviewed IEEE transactions on power systems and power delivery. Dr. Prakash is reviewer of many reputed bodies such as IEEE, IET, Taylor & Frncis.
Focus on Skill Upgradation
For every student, the prime motive is to nurture their skills and attain better education so that after graduation, they can work towards making their dreams come true. Keeping this in perspective, Vaagdevi offers many additional features including, goal orientation and tracking, self-management and learning, communication skills, domain knowledge skills, industry readiness, and global exposure.
Vaagdevi College carries out numerous collaborations with various national and international institutions for providing the best possible career and academic exposure to the students. It has established three kinds of collaborations which are mentioned below:
- The college has established UG/PG Twinning Student Exchange Programs with foreign universities under which the students can spend some time in foreign universities and earn the degree. Different options are available to the students depending on their performance as well as financial stability.
- The college also conducts research programs in collaboration with national and international organizations on various topics of social and national importance.
- Vaagdevi signed MOU with MSME-Tool Room Central Institute of Tool Design (A Government of India Society-Ministry of MSME) for the benefit of students of Mechanical, EEE, ECE, and CSE branches.
- ICT Academy has also signed an MOU with the college.
- Moreover, the college also carries out faculty exchange programs to ensure high-quality education for the students.
The Achievement Column
Throughout its journey of attaining educational excellence, Vaagdevi has accomplished many noteworthy landmarks.
- The college received the prestigious ICT Academy – Partner in Growth award from Dr. Anil D Sahasrabudhe, Chairman AICTE.
- The Principal of the college, Dr. K. Prakash has received the IEEE Vibrant Student Branch Award.
- The college has also received the prestigious ISTE Best Students Chapter Award from the Indian Society for Technical Education.
- The college has won Smart Campus Award for 2019 by Stumagz; stand in Top 30 by IBM survey; and won IEEE Vibrant Student Branch for 2018.
- It has conducted various hackathons in the latest technologies.
- DELL EMC centre of excellence – globally recognized certification on DATA SCIENCE
- CISCO centre of excellence – globally recognized CCNA , C++, Cyber security , IOT, Certification programs to students
- College established Vaagdevi Incubator and Business Accelerator (VIBA) to encourage Start Up companies at college premises
Wide Spectrum of Opportunities
Vaagdevi houses numerous professional societies like, IEEE, IETE, IE (I), CSI, ACCE (I), and so on, which help the students to grow professionally and develop organizational skills. Several amateur photography, literary, and other clubs make the events at the college student driven and colorful across the campus. Literary events and group discussions allow the students to master their communication skills, overcome stage fright, and present themselves confidently in public.
Vaagdevi aims to stand at the forefront of educational activities. They intend to make sure that by the time each student graduates from the college, they are confident and capable enough to build their own career and write their own success story. Some of the college’s short-term and long-term objectives include:
- To start new M.Tech. Programs in specialized fields in CSE, ECE, EEE, Civil & Mechanical disciplines in emerging areas such as CAD/CAM, Machine Design , Multimedia and Information Systems, Artificial Intelligence, Neural Networks, Big Data & Data Science, Secure Communications, etc.
- To strengthen the departmental laboratories and enable the faculty to take up research projects of AICTE, DST, CSIR etc. and undertake sponsored R&D projects from Industries and R&D establishments.
- To establish a state-of-the-art research laboratory in emerging areas of technology in each department.
- To develop Vaagdevi Incubator and Business Accelerator (VIBA) in technology to provide guidance to small, medium and Start up
- To construct the residential quarters for teaching and non-teaching staff and officers of the college on the campus.
- To attain a university status to march towards international level.