With a vision of delivering the highest quality management education to the students in a dynamic environment of mutual learning, teamwork, and support, Alkesh Dinesh Mody Institute for Financial and Management Studies came into existence in 1994.
Alkesh Dinesh Mody Institute was Co-founded by Dineshbhai Mody in loving memory of his son Late Alkeshbhai D. Mody. Initially, the institute was established in the year 1994 as a Department of the University of Mumbai for offering management education with a focus on financial services. The institute was established in response to the growing need of Indian managers and investors who could handle business and Capital Market operations in a rapidly changing business and financial environment.
Located at the Kalina campus (Vidyanagari) of the University of Mumbai, the institute works towards its mission of bridging the industry-academia relationship and preparing effective managers who could lead with their humble attitude and management knowledge.
The Core Values
The institute believes in embossing its students with commitments to affordability, excellence, community engagement, assurance of learning, diversity, globalization, ethical, and social responsibility, knowledge creation and application and success.
The core values are the backbone of any educational institute. Here are the values the Alkesh Dinesh Mody Institute abides by:
Achievement: It includes attaining personal success in a range of human endeavors, pursuing individual excellence, and displaying pride and satisfaction in personal achievement and the achievements of the organization.
Creativity: It includes valuing original ideas, demonstrating enterprise and innovation, and engaging and responding to the aesthetic qualities of the created and constructed world.
Excellence: It includes striving for excellence in teaching through academic rigor and relevance.
Integrity: It includes faithfulness, truth, discernment, and acting honestly, ethically and consistently.
Resilience: It includes recognizing strengths and maximizing potential; developing self-management, self-confidence and self-respect; and nurturing optimism, joy, perseverance, well-being, and peace.
Responsibility: It includes stewardship and accepting both individual and collective responsibility for contributing to a sustainable community and its development.
These values are universally and eternally relevant.
The logo of the Institute is ‘Erudition, Faith and Character’ which negates Injustice, Immortality, and Greed in every domain of life, opening up new frontiers, discovering new horizons, where science and spirituality make their tryst with destiny.
Exclusive Programmes and their Salient Features
Master of Management Studies (Finance):
The MMS course offers options to students to specialize in the following functional areas:
- Human Resource
- Information Technology
The institute is known for the MMS (Finance) program along with other specializations. Some key specializations offered are:
Financial markets, Products and Institutions, Analysis of Financial Statements, International Finance, Advanced Financial Management, Corporate Valuation, Security Analysis, and Portfolio Management, Strategic Cost Management, Derivatives & Risk Management and Mergers, Acquisitions and Corporate Restructuring.
The M.Sc. Finance (full-time) program is leading generalist finance Post Graduate Degree program ideal for any finance career objective. The program offers a unique opportunity to gain a comprehensive foundation and subsequent depth in the field of Finance.
All programs offered by institute enjoy an excellent reputation amongst employers including leading investment banks, financial institutions, consultancies, and investment boutique firms along with leading BFSIs like IDFC First Bank Limited, Ernst and Young, PwC, Edelweiss, Bank of Baroda, BSE, ICICI Bank, Keynote Financial Services Limited, Axis Bank and more.
Smart Initiatives for Overall Development of Students
The institute has a cluster of expert faculties who are well-versed with teaching pedagogy and implementing the combined pedagogy of traditional and modern teaching methods. Apart from this, the institute has taken some initiatives focusing on overall student development. Some of the initiatives taken are highlighted below:
- The institute is offering a “Certificate course in German” for the students of MMS in association with the Department of German– University of Mumbai.
- Software tools like SPSS, Ace Equity database, and research database EBSCO, ProQuest, India Business Insights are made available at the institute to assist in building capabilities of management students, providing them enough resources to prepare for their professional career.
- The institute has 25,000 physical books and almost 20,000 e-books providing remote access to the students.
- Apart from regular entrepreneurship and business interface activities, the institute has been collaborating with NGOs to create social awareness among the students.
- The institute also has an active Student Committee culture. Guided by faculties some of the vibrant committees are Alumni, Placement, Artillery, E-Cell Media, and Culture.
- Alkesh Dinesh Mody Institute has signed an MOU with MCX in various activities related to commodities market-teaching, research, and training.
- The E-Cell of the institute has signed an MoU with Lithan– a Singapore-based organization and IIT Mumbai.
- The placement cell of the institute has signed an agreement with NEN (National Entrepreneurship Network) Wadhwani foundation to promote the culture of entrepreneurship within the institute.
- The institute placement cell has signed MoU with HPCL to promote the industry-academia association.
- It also has a collaboration with Youth4jobs for activities related to disability inclusion in academics and industry.
The Visionary Leadership
The Alkesh Dinesh Mody Institute for Financial and Management Studies is a department of the University of Mumbai. The institute is working relentlessly to achieve excellence in the field of management studies under the visionary leadership of Dr. Suhas Pedenkar, Hon’ble Vice-Chancellor of the University of Mumbai. With his statesmanship, astute leadership and encouragement, the institute is achieving excellence in all the areas.
Trophies of Excellence
The institute has received many excellence awards throughout the years. The institute was selected for the ‘Education Leadership Award’ in ABP News National Education Award in 2015.
The institute has also been ranked among the top 300 by AICTE – Internshala in 2019. The institute was ranked 11th in Business Today B-Schools Ranking 2018 as the best ROI (Return on Investment);
The prestigious institute received Amar Ujala B-school Excellence Awards for ‘B-School with Excellent Industry Interface’ in 2012; Dainik Bhaskar National Education Leadership Award for ‘B-School with Excellent Industry Interface’ in 2013; ABP News B-school Awards for ‘B-School with Excellent Industry Interface’ in 2012; and the list goes on.
Stepping towards a Brighter Future
In the coming years, the Institute is planning to add integrated BMS-MBA program as well as industry-relevant courses like Value Investing, Digital Marketing, Business Analytics, and Marketing Analytics.