Located outside of the vibrant city of Omaha, Nebraska, Bellevue University is a non-profit, open-access institution dedicated to helping students from anywhere in the world earn degrees to advance their careers and enjoy lifelong learning.
Founded in 1966 by military veterans, this university is one of the global leaders in higher education, with more than 50,000 graduates worldwide. The university was established to primarily serve adult students who were unable to earn degrees at traditional universities due to deployments and military responsibilities.
Student Diversity and Campus
Since inception, the university’s sole aim has been ‘real learning for real-life’. This motto represents the focus on empowering students with applied learning experiences. The university introduces students to real-world problems and helps them maximize their talents so they build confidence for career success.
Offering higher education both online and on-campus, Bellevue University welcomes students to apartment-style dorms and modern campus facilities in a safe and energetic atmosphere. Innovative learning environments, such as the state-of-the-art Science Lab and student-centric Math Lab are some of the resources the university offers. These laboratories offer students a personal and hands-on experience while helping them reach their goals.
Bellevue University serves a diverse student body, including international students from more than 20 countries. The university’s partnership with colleges like Guangzhou College of Commerce is one example of preparing international students for a successful future as versatile business professionals.
Visionary Educator and Leader
Dr. Mary Hawkins, Ph.D., President of Bellevue University has been dedicated to making higher education accessible, affordable, and relevant for students at all levels and from all over the world irrespective of their ethnic, social and economic backgrounds. Her innovation in higher education has led to being recognized as a ‘visionary and caring leader’ of higher education.
Dr. Hawkins has spearheaded Bellevue University’s enrollment growth and expanded its geographic reach in the U.S. as well as internationally in countries like China, Mexico, and India.. She has strategically aligned all academic degree programs with the needs of employers to help prepare students for jobs of the future. “One of the big challenges we face is striving to ensure that students find education relevant and that employers find students are well-prepared. Our focus is to create a progressive, engaging educational environment – one that allows students to explore, offers a guided path, and prepares them with skills that are easily transferable to a number of different jobs so that they are truly ready for their future,” Dr. Hawkins states.
Academic Programs that Ignite Potential
Bellevue University offers more than 80 online degree programs at the undergraduate, graduate and doctoral levels. Student choose from rapidly growing areas like business, healthcare, information technology, safety and security. The degree programs are designed to prepare students for success in the workplace while also teaching them to be lifelong learners.
- BS International Business Administration: The Bachelor of Science in International Business Administration online degree offers a strong focus on global supply chain and logistics management. Coursework includes international trade regulation and practices; international marketing and consumer behavior; procurement and transport of finished goods and raw materials.
- BS Business Analytics: The online Bachelor of Science in Business Analytics degree, will provide a solid foundation in business strategies, microeconomics, financial accounting, statistical and quantitative methods. You’ll add skills in additional areas such as introduction to programming, SAS software, information systems, applied statistics; data management; data mining, business intelligence.
- BS Intelligence and Security Studies: The online Bachelor of Science in Intelligence and Security Studies online degree prepares students for entry-level homeland security, government, military, and civilian law enforcement careers. The interdisciplinary studies encompass the fields of philosophy, psychology, science and technology, cybersecurity, global affairs, and comparative politics.
BS Healthcare Management: The online Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management combines business administration skills with essential healthcare knowledge. It prepares students with the relevant expertise to fine tune organizational systems within the highly dynamic and regulated medical field.
- BS Web Development: The online Bachelor of Science in Web Development combines front-end web design and coding with the back-end server scripting and database skills required by employers of full stack web developers. Students practical experience in the latest techniques and frameworks used in web stacks and the skills needed to design and develop dynamic web applications.
- BS Computer Information Systems: The online Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems combines the study of databases and information systems; computer programming; and management of information systems. Foundational knowledge, coupled with technical skills enables students to shape the degree to their educational and career goals.
- BS Cybersecurity: The online Bachelors of Science in Cybersecurity prepares students with the essential skills to protect all types of organizations from cyber threats. Applied learning experiences combine elements of computer science, forensics, and other related fields.
- Master of Business Administration: The Bellevue University online MBA prepares students to become innovative contributors to a high performing business team, a business professional capable of getting results, or a strategic entrepreneur. Critical business skill areas included are strategy and performance; innovation; finance and accounting; marketing and media; operations and logistics.
- MS Data Science: The online Master of Science in Data Science is designed to prepare students to be in the driver’s seat to curate, analyze, and make relevant discoveries from large data sets. The applied learning experiences include the tools, methodologies, and systems needed to solve complex problems in almost any field.
- Master of Science in Computer Information Systems: The online Master of Science in Information Systems degree prepares students to assess the business needs of stakeholders and provide them with optimal experiences in the selection, integration, and administration of computer technologies. Career options include systems development, systems management, IT project management, software development, database analysis and design, and information systems security.
- Master’s in Project Management (MPM): This online applied Master of Science in Project Management is a terminal degree, the highest degree awarded in the field. Project Management Professionals (PMP-certified) faculty prepare students to manage large projects in real-world scenarios.
Bellevue University strives to prepare students for successful, rewarding careers. By applying the knowledge and skills employers seek, upon graduation students are ready to advance in the workplace or change careers. Professors work closely with students to bring the real world experiences into their curriculum. The University also supports student success with Advisors/Student Coaches and a dedicated Career Services team to assist with career planning.
Accreditation & Accolades
Bellevue University is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Specialized accreditation has been awarded by organizations such as:
- International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE)
- Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs
- Designated National Center of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance/Cybersecurity
Bellevue University’s dedication to helping students reach their goals has resulted in several accolades. The university has been named ‘Top 10 College for Adult Learners’ by Washington Monthly, ‘Best Colleges for Returning Adults and Non-Traditional Students’ by College Factual, ‘ Best Online Colleges’ by BestColleges.com, and ‘Most Generous Credit Transfer Policy; Most Innovative’ by Online Course Report.
For information, please visit bellevue.edu