The university effectively engages students in earning awards and degrees that prepare them to thrive in a connected, competitive world.
Located outside of the vibrant Midwestern city of Omaha, Nebraska, Bellevue University is a non-profit, open access institution dedicated to helping students from anywhere in the world earn degrees to advance their careers and enjoy lifelong success. Founded in 1966 by military veterans, this university is one of the global leaders in higher education, with more than 50,000 graduates worldwide. During the early days the university served adult students who were unable to earn degrees at traditional universities due to deployments and military responsibilities. Today, Bellevue University serves a variety of students from all walks of life and from countries around the world. Bellevue University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (hlcommission.org), a regional accreditation agency recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
Student Diversity and Campus
Since its inception, Bellevue University’s sole aim has been student success. Students experience the Bellevue University motto ‘real learning for real life’ through applied learning where they gain expertise and skills to advance their careers. The university’s passionate faculty introduce students to real-world problems and help them harness their talents to build skills and confidence.
Bellevue University offers undergraduate and graduate degrees online and on campus. The university welcomes its residential students with small class sizes, apartment-style dorms and modern campus facilities in a safe and energetic atmosphere. Innovative learning facilities, such as the state-of-the art Science Lab, student-centric Math Lab, and advanced C & A Industries Intelligence Systems Lab, are some of the other fine facilities the university offers. These labs give students hands-on, active learning experiences to prepare them for the workplace.
Bellevue University proudly serves students from more than 20 counties. Its partnership with the Guangzhou College of Commerce is just one example of collaboration to give international students the opportunity to learn and live in the United States.
Seasoned Educator and Leader
Dr. Mary Hawkins, President of Bellevue University is dedicated to making higher education accessible, affordable and relevant for students at all levels and from around the world. Her zeal for innovation makes her one of higher education’s most visionary and caring leaders.
Along with being an enthusiastic educator, Dr. Hawkins is also an inspiration to Bellevue University faculty and staff. She spearheaded enrollment growth and expanded its geographic reach in the United States as well as internationally in countries such as China, Mexico, and India. She is credited with championing Bellevue University’s applied learning approach and has strategically aligned all academic degree programs with the needs of employers. “One of the big challenges we face is striving to ensure students find education relevant and that employers find students are well-prepared. Our focus is to create a progressive, engaging educational environment – one that allows students to explore, offers a guided path, and prepares them with skills that are easily transferrable to a number of different jobs so that they are truly ready for their future,” quotes Dr. Hawkins.
Academic Programs that Ignite Potential
Bellevue University offers more than 80 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programs in rapidly growing industries including business, healthcare, information technology, safety and security. The degree programs are designed to prepare students for jobs that are available today while also teaching them to be lifelong learners. This helps ensure students are equipped with the essential skills for the jobs of tomorrow.
- BS Business Administration: The program helps students master the fundamentals of business administration as well as emerging knowledge and skills sought after by business leaders. It is led by experienced professional faculty members who have first-hand experience in business and industry.
- BS Business Analytics: Business intelligence and data analytics is a rapidly growing field as companies worldwide seek to capitalize on big data. This bachelor’s degree helps students develop detailed insight into business strategies, microeconomics, financial accounting, statistical and quantitative methods.
- BS Healthcare Management: Staying on par with the increasing demand of qualified people to lead and manage healthcare facilities and businesses, this program helps students stay ahead of the industry demands.
- BS Web Development: Designed by developers for developers, this online degree program combines front-end web design and coding with the back-end server scripting and database skills required by employers of full-stack web developers.
- BS Computer Information Systems: Aiming to prepare students all around the globe, the Bachelor of Science in Computer Information Systems nurtures ambitious individuals to be in the front lines of enterprise technology, keeping business operations running smoothly, solving problems, and designing systems that meet business goals.
- BS Cybersecurity: Professional careers in cybersecutity are increasing rapidly as new risks and threats to information and information networks emerge. This online degree program prepares students by applying information security theory to the protection of technology systems as well as to the detection of vulnerabilities in those systems.
- Master of Business Administration: The aim of this program is to prepare students to become an innovative contributor to a high performing business team, a business professional capable of getting results, or a strategic entrepreneur. Strategy and performance, innovation, finance and accounting, marketing and media, operations and logistics are some of the key business skills students learn.
- MS Data Science: This program is designed to help students be in the driver’s seat so they can curate, analyze, and make relevant discoveries from big data.
- MS Computer Information Systems: This advanced degree program in computer information systems will be helpful in managing organizations’ technology infrastructure in an agile manner for competitive advantage.
- Master’s in Project Management (MPM): This nationally recognized applied project management master’s degree is a terminal degree, which is the highest degree awarded in the field. Completion of this degree may open up doors in consultancy, business analysis and management, analytics, and business development.
The tailor-made programs of Bellevue University prepare students for a lifelong, satisfying career. The students of the university are equipped with skills that employers desperately need, but have trouble finding. Upon graduation, students are prepared to advance in the workplace or change careers. The faculty of Bellevue University are highly respected in their fields of expertise. They interact closely with students and bring real world experiences into their curriculum. The university also offers a dedicated Career Services team to assist online and on- campus students with career planning, resume development, networking tips and more.
Awards and Accolades
Bellevue University’s continuous endeavour to help every student reach their goals has been recognized by a variety of organizations. The university was named Top 10 College for Adult Learners by Washington Monthly, Best Colleges for Returning Adults and Non-Traditional Students’ by College Factual, Best Online Colleges by BestColleges.com, and Most Generous Credit Transfer Policy; Most Innovative by Online Course Report.
However, the accolades do not end here. The university’s exceptional curriculum that shapes people to be life-long learners and move ahead in the path they choose has gained recognition worldwide. The BS Cybersecurity (Online) has been ranked in Top 5 nationally by Military Times for 2017, Top 10 of Best Online Bachelor’s in Cyber Security for 2017 by bestdegreeprograms.org , Top 20 Online Cyber Security Degree Programs for 2017-2018 by SecurityDegreeHub .com. Similarly, BS Computer Information Systems(Online) has been ranked among the Top 20 Affordable Online Bachelor’s Degrees in Computer Science/IT by affordableschools.net and was awarded Students Before Profits by nonprofitcollege.com.
Bellevue University’sgraduate program, MS Computer Information Systems (Online) was ranked in:
- The Top 50 institutions for online Master of Computer Science degree by mastersprogramsguide.com in the year 2018
- 50 Best Online Master’s in Computer Science & IT programs for 2017 by SuperScholar . org.
The Master’s in Project Management (MPM) program is accredited by the Global Accreditation Center for Project Management Education Programs (GAC) of the Project Management Institute (PMI®). It was ranked as a Best Buy of Affordable Online Master’s in Project Management by Get Educated magazine in its 2018 Edition (online rating). It was also ranked as the 2nd Highest of the 2018 Top Online Master’s Programs in Project Management for Schools by SR Education.