The organization provides world-class, cost-effective employment linked training in a relaxed friendly and accessible environment.
With various awards to its credit, Blue Ocean Academy is a renowned management training and educational consultancy firm, headquartered in Dubai, UAE. Blue Ocean also has its presence in GCC Countries like Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, Sultanate of Oman, Kuwait besides Nigeria, Azerbaijan and India. Armed with an ISO 9001:2015 accreditation, Blue Ocean Academy can proudly claim that it has played a key role in the careers of thousands of individuals belonging to diverse domains. This can be attributed to the fact that Blue Ocean designs training programs very carefully to meet the ever changing requirement of the markets.
By default, all training programs are planned and delivered with a clear objective of adding value to the trainees and their respective organisations and often times, the Courses even meet emerging future requirements. Accordingly, for many years now, Blue Ocean Academy is recognised in the market place as a premium training provider with a clear vision to empower people in all stages of their careers. Blue Ocean Academy rightfully takes pride in the growth of its students who are well employed across many industry verticals, world over.
Today, after more than two decades of training, Blue Ocean Academy stands tall with its team of qualified and well-experienced trainers, multinational partners, international affiliations and a massive alumni of 80,000+ students spread across the globe!!
What Extra Value Blue Ocean Academy Offers its students
Apart from world class training sessions, the students of Blue Ocean Academy have access to a multitude of facilities which helps them in several ways
- Complimentary Seminars and Forums – Academy conducts several workshops and seminars, throughout the year, which are absolutely free of cost. These events are held at 5-Star Hotels and are very often led by industry experts from various domains, where they share their knowledge and help attendees to gain knowledge besides providing networking opportunities. The knowledge-share areas covered include a wide variety of subjects like Logistics, Transportation, Human Resources, Aviation, Supply Chain, Procurement, Project Management, Six Sigma and Finance.
- Internship Opportunities – Students from Blue Ocean Academy, pursuing the International Air Transport Association (IATA) courses, are provided a great opportunity to intern at the Airports and Travel and Tourism Agencies in UAE. Interns handle functions like Passenger Check-in, Baggage Handling, Airline Ticketing and Customer Services giving them a head-start over others in the job-market.
- Assistance in Recruitment – Every member of the Blue Ocean student fraternity is provided guidance with regard to employment opportunities by the Blue Ocean faculty as well as tips to build one’s resume and interview handling skills. This has been of immense help to those seeking fresh employment as well as those wanting to make progress in their careers. On many occasions, we get employment leads from our Alumni and past students which we immediately pass on to our students. The Blue Ocean accreditation behind their name is very often a winning factor for gainful employment
- Student Loyalty Programme – Blue Ocean incentivises students through loyalty programs whereby students earn loyalty points which can be redeemed for free training programs.
- Blue Ocean Academy Toastmasters Club is an initiative by the Academy to assist our students with Leadership and Public Speaking Skills. The Toastmasters’ meetings are held on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays every month giving a window to students to fine tune their skills in a relaxed ambience
- Examination Boot Camps – The Academy has one of the highest passing out rates (95%) in the examinations of prime industrial sectors thanks to the examination boot camps conducted to help them succeed in their exams.
- AED 1M Corporate Social Responsibility initiative is a way of contributing back to the society. The Academy has allocated funds to the tune of AED 1M to provide free training at Blue Ocean to 100+ low-income group employees. Through this initiative, Blue Ocean aims to empower the economically weaker students who are financially handicapped from accomplishing their higher goals.
Courses and Training Programs offered by Blue Ocean
When it comes to offering training programs, students have large list to choose from, depending upon their back ground and their needs for improvement. Almost all our programs are backed by internationally accepted accreditations which substantially improves their career chances. Some of the most popular programs are:
- Logistics and Supply Chain – The present demand in the global market is shifting from just having the presence of logistics professionals to actually ensuring the head of enterprises help define and maintain consistency. These courses are essential to those who would want to learn new skills which will help them deal with modern shipping, production and new-age distribution methods. They also make an individual aware of how innovations can help in the logistics industry. The participants can choose from a range of programs from the two premium certification bodies – Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT), UK and International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute (IPSCMI), USA.
- Purchasing and Procurement – Many prime organizations have now started prioritizing proactive strategies over international sourcing efforts which eventually provides a sustainable competitive advantage. They are also trying to explore the best practices in international sourcing which is today a big challenge among specialists and managers. This element positively impacts a firm’s competitiveness and in order to escalate a procurement into a vital business it requires a well-trained procurement professional. As procurement elevates itself into a vital business function, the key to cut costs and increase profitability of a venture is where trained procurement professionals are ruling the roost. The two top certification bodies for Procurement professionals – Chartered Institute for Procurement and Supply (CIPS), UK and American Purchasing Society, USA offer industry focussed training and certification programs for Purchasing professionals in association with Blue Ocean.
- Warehouse and Inventory – The supply chain of any particular organization rests on optimizing its warehousing capabilities. This particular course gives the students a description of how this process plays a strategic role in a wider and more elaborate context of the supply chain. Blue Ocean has custom designed programs focussed on increasing efficiency in Warehousing and Distribution, reducing operational costs and increasing throughput. Warehouse layout design and planning for maximisation of efficiency is a core component of this program which also comes with an international certification from IPSCMI, USA
- Six Sigma – This course is disciplined and works with statistical-based data while maintaining a data-driven approach. This training allows the students to gain skills in Six Sigma methodologies, Lean concepts and DMAIC methodologies. The International Quality Federation (IQF), USA which is a pioneer in Six Sigma training and Certification worldwide has exclusively tied-up with Blue Ocean to provide training and certification to the students in the region. Blue Ocean has been the training and implementation partner of Six Sigma for major Government organisations and corporates in this region. Blue Ocean also champions the cause of Kaizen, 5S, Lean and Agile, in the region
- IATA Aviation Programs – There has been a boom in the travel industry as more and more travellers are spending on international travel. For those who want to get into the jet setting world, IATA training programs are the perfect choice. IATA qualifications are the gold standard in the aviation industry which gives instant recognition to the individual along with excellent job opportunities.
There are also various other courses such as Shipping and Freight Forwarding, Human Resource Management, Office Administration and Management. In addition, courses like Project Management, Retail Management, Accounting and Finance are also on offer at Blue Ocean Academy for those professionals who are looking to fast-track their career..
Meet the Person behind Blue Ocean
Dr. Sathya Menon holds the dual portfolio of CEO and Director-Academics in Blue Ocean. A specialist in Logistics and Supply Chain Education, Dr. Sathya Menon holds 27 years of experience in the field of Logistics, Supply Chain Management and Purchasing. He holds a Ph.D as well as an MBA in the same field of study. He also holds a Master’s degree in Materials Management and an MCIPS from the Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply (CIPS), UK. He has been awarded the prestigious fellowships – FCILT from Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport (CILT), UK and FCMI from Chartered Management Institute (CMI), UK. Dr.Menon has also been one of the pioneers in the region to receive certification as CPM from Institute of Supply Chain Management (ISM), USA.
Dr. Menon, an iconic person in the Logistics and Supply Chain Management sector is the recipient of numerous awards;
- “CEO of the Year” at the Middle East leadership Training and Development summit, Dubai, 2019
- Golden Globe Tigers for the “Best Training Initiative in Logistics and Supply Chain” for exemplary work in the field of Logistics and Supply Chain Management training Malaysia, 2018
- “Outstanding contribution to Global Learning” at the GCC Best Employer Awards, Dubai 2017
- “Arjuna Award” from Hindustan Art & Music Society for outstanding contributions in the field of sports, Dubai, 2019
- “Top 100 Leaders in Education” from Global Forum For Education and Learning, Dubai, 2019
Dr Menon has also completed an Executive program in Artificial Intelligence from MIT Sloan Business School, USA and is a Certified SAP consultant for Supply Chain Management from SAP, Germany. He has been a driving force behind the growth of Blue Ocean over the last two decades. His past work experience includes the likes of Ericsson, Compaq and other major organizations such as Al Futtaim, Haier and Samtel. He has personally trained over 25,000 professionals till date in the fields of Logistics, Supply Chain and Procurement.
Rewards and Recognitions
Blue Ocean Academy has been a trend-setter in several ways in the Training Industry which has seen the Academy winning several awards and accolades over the years.
- “Excellence in Training & Development” at the Middle East leadership Training and Development summit, Dubai, 2019
- “Training provider of the year” at the GCC Best Employer Awards, Dubai, 2017
- “Global Training and Development Leadership ” at the Silver Jubilee edition of the World HR Congress presented by Times Ascent and CHRO Asia, Mumbai at Taj Lands End, Mumbai, India, 2017
- “Top 50 Companies in Education” from Global Forum For Education and Learning, 2019
- “Top 10 Six Sigma Training Companies” in the Middle East and Asia Pacific in 2018
AFFILIATIONS WITH ACCREDITATION BODIES
Blue Ocean Academy has exclusive accreditation arrangements with various international institutes such as –
- CILT – Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport, UK
- CIPS – Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply, UK
- IATA-International Air Transport Association, Canada
- APS – American Purchasing Society, USA
- ACI – American Certification Institute, USA
- IMA – Institute of Management Accountants, USA
- IPSCMI – International Purchasing and Supply Chain Management Institute, USA
Knowledge-transfer has been the life-breath of Blue Ocean Academy for over two decades and will continue to remain so for the foreseeable future.