We serve the healthcare community by nurturing competent and professional pharmacists while promoting a learning environment that fosters innovation, leadership, continued professional development and quality assurance making DPC one of the leading institutions for the Pharmacy education in the world”.
Students who learn Pharmacy can assume an integrated and accountable role in the practice model by having defined responsibilities for patient care. With this in view Dubai Pharmacy College for Girls was established in 1992. The first Pharmacy College in the Gulf region exclusively dedicated to educate aspiring Muslim girls in the field of pharmacy sciences is accredited by the Commission of Academic Accreditation (CAA), Ministry of Education, Higher Education Affairs, and UAE. The dynamic campus provides an opportunity to gain well-rounded education in an international environment by highly qualified faculty of different nationality.
The institution is committed to provide accredited pharmacy education at undergraduate graduate level to female students based on Islamic values, advancement of pharmaceutical knowledge through research and community service in order to serve pharmacy profession, scientific community and public. More than 1000 students were admitted from over 30 countries world-wide.
The beginning of a long journey to excellence and continued development was set forth by the astute visionary Haj Saeed Bin Ahmed Al Lootah under the leadership of Prof. Dr. Saeed Ahmed Khan.
About the Dean
Prof. Saeed Ahmed Khan Ph.D. in chemistry from the University of Delhi is a founding member and Dean who supports and develops the College so that students and faculty have the best possible experience.
The college fosters technological innovation, development & research. Modern instructional lecture rooms and laboratories facilitate learning advanced courses. An international team of dedicated and committed faculty maintains the quality of instruction. Pharmatalk-open lecture series, Continuing Medical Education (CME), seminars and practical projects are periodically organized. Community Engagement programs and educational trips are always guided by faculty members. Visiting professors and academics are also invited from pivotal healthcare institutions, industries and hospitals.
Needless to say, we offer career driven-skills based curricula. Consequently, the aspiring pharmacists have to undergo intensive Professional Practice Experience (PPE) in leading Hospitals & Primary Healthcare Centers under Dubai Health Authority (DHA), Pharmaceutical Industries and in Community Pharmacies accordingly.
Uniquely positioned in the Lootah Educational Campus at Muhaisnah, Dubai, which is within easy access for students not only from Dubai but also from Sharjah and Ajman. For students from other countries the hostel is a boon. It is well-furnished with all the required facilities such as health club, tennis court, swimming pool, it’s just like a home away from home. – says Saeed Ahmed Khan.
- Where our Alumni Serve
- In 1992, the first batch of 27 students was enrolled to the Degree of Bachelor of Pharmacy (BPharm) program.
- In1995, a tie‐up with the Dubai Hospitals Authority (DHA) and Global Pharma gave their students the opportunity to participate in educational internship programs. Their recent venture with one of the biggest players among pharmaceutical companies, the Gulf Pharmaceutical Industries’ Julphar, offers students professional practice experience to enhance their skills.
- In 1998, the Bachelor’s received full accreditation from the Comission of Academic Accreditaion (CAA), Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research (MoHSR), UAE. This recognition represents worldwide recognition.
- In 2004, First educational institution to be awarded the Dubai Quality Appreciation Program (DQAP), a testament to the College’s excellence.
- 2008: signs MoU with SEHA – Abu Dhabi Health Services for clinical pharmacy hands on experience.
- In 2013 was a proud moment in the history of the institution as they got initial accreditation from the CAA, for the Master of Pharmarcy programs with two specializations in, Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmacy Practice, Pharmaceutical Product Development
- In 2014, the college was honored the GCC Pharma Outstanding Education Award in the GCC Pharmaceutical Congress to be among the top 5 institutions in pharmacy education.
- 2016, saw the first group of graduates specialized in one of the following: Clinical Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Product Development
Distinct Academic Program & Extra Activities
The college offers various courses this will produce students who are best trained to meet the challenges of pharmacy practice and health care reform. The offered programs are a four year Bachelor and a two year Masters. The MPharm program with two specializations namely Clinical Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Product Development which are hospital and pharmaceutical industry oriented respectively. In collaboration with Professionals Regulatory Affairs, certificate course is provided for Continuous Professional Development.
The College also awards four scholarships to meritorious students each year who are newly admitted to the program. The scholarship remains with the students all four years if they maintain good academic standing.
While Dubai Pharmacy College for Girls always seems to have something new and exciting happening, there are a few events that they just couldn’t live without. Supporting a diverse campus, Global Day Celebration is an annual event that is eagerly looked forward to by faculty, staff and students alike.
- DUPHAT – Dubai International Pharmaceuticals and Technologies Conference
- Community Engagement (Breast Cancer, Diabetes, Health Awareness, Clean-up Drive, Global Day)
- International Pharmaceutical Students Federation (IPSF) Activities.
Efforts for Educational Propogation
Since 1995, partnerships with the Abu Dhabi Health Services Company (SEHA) and Dubai Health Authority (DHA) provide experiential learning in hospitals. Pharmaceutical companies such as the Gulf Pharmaceutical Industries, Julphar and the Global Pharma provide hands on experience to enhance industrial orientations. Significant changes began around 15 years ago with the start of a transition from process-based education to outcomes-based training. The programs are committed to alignment with the Qualification Framework Emirates (QFE), UAE. Both the Bachelors’ and Masters’ of Pharmacy programs are accredited by the Ministry of Education – Higher Education Affairs, UAE. – A testament to its educational excellence. Dubai Pharmacy College for Girls have more than 1000 alumni who are well placed in diverse career opportunities of pharmacy practices –community and hospital pharmacies, pharmaceutical industries, insurance sectors, multinational pharmaceutical companies and academia.
“Words of Trust”
I am proud to be a graduate from Dubai Pharmacy College. I remember those who taught me with love & respect.
– Nada Abdeen (Batch 8)
We live under the shade of Dubai Pharmacy College. Those days were memorable which helped us to fly
– Raghda Alkhani (Batch 15)
All my love & appreciation for those who taught me. Thanks to DPC which gave me the most memorable part my life.
– Banan Arfan Abdeen (Batch 8)
My college life is one of the most memorable moments in my life. I can never forget this important journey.
– Rasha Mustafa. (Batch 5)
I would like to express my gratitude to each one individually who made me what I am. I owe my success to DPC
– Aqsa Abdul Qadir (Batch 14)