Located in Jaipur, the capital city of Rajasthan and the famous tourist and business city in northwestern India, JECRC University boasts of a sprawling campus and infrastructure.
The University is driven by the spirit of innovation-led research. The multifaceted research encompasses subject-specific exploration as well as the contexts of the business environment in which students operate and perform. It is also known for its close industry linkages.
It aims at creating valuable resources for industry and society through its interventions in creation of research and innovative culture, academic and professional enhancement and cultural enrichment.
JECRC University has been established vide The JECRC University, Jaipur Act, 2012 (Act No.15 of 2012) published in the Gazette of Rajasthan Dated May 2, 2012. The University started its operations and admitted students in various courses with effect from the academic session 2012-13.
The University’s vision is to become a renowned centre of higher learning, and work towards academic, professional, cultural and social enrichment of the lives of individuals and communities.
- To focus on research and spirit of innovation that will drive academic orientation and pursuit at JECRC University.
- To identify, based on informed perception of Indian, regional and global needs, areas of focus and specialization on which the University can concentrate.
- To undertake collaborative projects that offer opportunities for long-term interaction between academia and industry.
- To develop human potential to its fullest extent so that intellectually capable and imaginatively gifted leaders can emerge in a range of professions.
About the campus
The 32-acre campus combines unique classical architecture and thoughtful layout and landscaping to create a perfect learning ecosystem. The campus is located around the prime industrial and institutional hub of Jaipur and is well connected to all parts of the city.
Arpit Agrawal, Vice Chairman of the University is an intellectual, deep-rooted person with great compassion and motivation. He is the soul of 20 years legacy of JECRC Foundation, with more than 10,000 enlisted students and 15,000 alumni.
His remarkable strategies have constantly brought top rank for the foundation in renowned publication houses. This very year acclaimed magazine “The Week” has ranked the st University at 31 position. He is the guiding force behind developing world class industry collaboration and robust entrepreneurial ecosystems alongside academics.
Under his guidance and leadership, JECRC University gained the legacy of providing internship programs with strong professional networking, which resulted into paid internship for all the students year after year.
His zealous and visionary leadership led to1935 placements in 95 conglomerates for the students passing out in the year 2020.
Under his leadership, the University bagged 28 externally-funded research projects with a portfolio of more than Rs.10 crore.
Career options for graduates of the Faculty of Hospitality and Hotel Management
- Graduating students can look forward to career opportunities in hotel, hospitality and allied sectors like:
- Kitchen management/Housekeeping management positions in hotels after initial stint as trainee flight kitchens and on board flight services Indian Navy hospitality services
- Guest/Customer relation executive in hotel and other service sectors
- Management trainee/executive in international and national fast-food outlets and chains
- Hospital and institutional catering
- Faculty in hotel management/food craft institutes
- shipping and cruise lines
- Marketing/Sales executive in hotel and other service sectors
- Railway hospitality and catering services, state tourism development corporations, resort management
- Self-employment through entrepreneurship and multinational companies for their hospitality services.
Unflinching support to students
Chef Manbir Singh, Head of the Department, Hospitality and Hotel Management, said that the curriculum is well designed to meet the demands of the industry. The curriculum entails a lot of practical exposure with real time practice in the labs meant for this purpose.
“During semester IV, students undergo a compulsory internship of six months in five-star hotels like Taj Rambagh Jaipur, Oberoi Hotels, Hilton and Marriott Hotel, Jaipur and other places. They have to prepare a project report about the practical experience gained during internship by working on various projects carried out under the supervision of professional hoteliers, so that they can understand the existing working practices, conditions and acquire an in-depth knowledge. The whole process is well-coordinated with the client industry and is efficiently regulated with mentorship and guidance from faculty at JECRC University throughout the training,” Manbir added.
Industry experts are invited to acquaint students about the latest industry trends and requirement of future hotel industry. Regular visits to various hotels, industry exhibitions etc. are conducted for the students.
The state-of-the-art course was started to make the students witness the pragmatic world of hotel management. The aim is to make them top professionals to meet the needs of the star hotels in India and across the globe. Factors that make us unique from others
1. Best internships and placements: The focused approach of the University towards persistent and multidimensional training of students in-line with the industry expectations and hands-on-learning has led to a sharp increase in the number of placement offers. Hundred percent students receive placements. Industrial training at renowned brands, like The Oberoi Rajvilas, Umaid Bhawan, ITC Rajputana, JW Marriott, Taj Rambagh Palace Jaipur.
2. Collaborative Events: The well integrated interdisciplinary curriculum infuses in-depth knowledge. The idea is to create opportunity for students to interact, cocreate and learn beyond their classrooms. One of the events is, “ART ON A PLATE” – The Faculty of Hotel Management and The School of Design at the JECRC University come together to organize a collaborative event every year. “JU-Rhythm” is envisioned as best technocultural and business fest to bring out the talent and to explore the same in the budding students. The students of hotel management carry out the entire planning to serve food from various food stalls installed during the event. The rhythm platform is an excellent opportunity to understand the practical aspects and planning to cater a huge people.
3. Budding Bakers: This is a budding institutional start-up founded by the hotel managements students. Every week they open a bakery shop for few hours and sell products prepared by them. The objective behind this is to give the students an idea about the start-up ecosystem and to learn handling bulk orders.
4. Unique Kitchen, Training Restaurant and Demo Hotel Room– University has well built kitchens for training the students for food production .Training restaurant ,Mock bar, housekeeping etc. Are exact replica of real built ups to give students a real experience. Also, Elegant lobby, concierge desk and reception area are used for front office practical.
Coping with COVID-19 Repercussions
Everyone can foresee the post-COVID financial hardships in the tourism and hospitality business worldwide which consists of persistent decline for airlines, railways, cruise ships, travel operators and all lodging organizations including hotels. It has impacted the present operations but there is bright hope for travel and hospitality sectors to get normal after a year. The faculty of Hospitality and Hotel Management has taken up following initiatives to prepare the students for the same.
1. To train students to overcome this situation there were continuous keynote sessions by various industry experts like Sudhir Andrews (Father of Hospitality Education in India) and Uday Nayak (Director, Human Resource, JW Marriot Maldives) etc.
2. The University had also conducted “InnoLogue” series where industry experts shared their innovative ideas and highlighted future technology to be used post Covid-19.
3. Q&A Session with a renowned nutritionist like Dr. Kanika Verma (Associate Professor, University of Rajasthan, Jaipur) etc.
4. Very soon training in hygiene and safety measures will commence, which ought to be practised in hotel industry in the ongoing scenario.
Catering to a global population
1. University has its own IAESTE Chapter under the aegis of which international students keep on coming to the university through student exchange program. They interact with the hotel management students which gives them global exposure.
2. Corporate chefs with international experience deliver sessions for students.
3. Study and preparations of dishes from all international cuisines is a part of the unique curriculum.
Immediate plans are to collaborate with industry leaders to get the latest technological skills on board to make the students future ready.
Train the students and further develop a kind of corporate connect to increase the bar of average package that they get in recruitment drives.
Work extensively in the field of research and further bag externally funded research projects from various funding agencies
Increase interaction with the industry to know industrial problems and provide them consultancy.
ACADEMIC PROGRAMS OFFERED
FACULTY OF ENGINEERING
B. Tech: CSE, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, ElectronicB. Tech: CSE: with industry specializationsM.Tech
FACULTY OF IT &COMPUTER APPLICATION
BCABCA: with industry specializationsMCAMCA : with industry specializationsMSc : computer Science
FACULTY OF MANAGEMENT
BBA BBA: with Industry specializations BBA: Tourism and Hospitality Management BBA: Banking Financial Service and Insurance B.COM MBA MBA: with Industry specializations MSW: Human Resource Management & Industrial Relations
FACULTY OF HOTEL MANAGEMENT
B. Sc. Hospitality & Hotel Management Bachelor of Hotel Management and Catering Technology
Faculty of Journalism &Mass Communication
B.A in Journalism & Mass communication
FACULTY OF SCIENCE
B.Sc. (HONS.) B.Sc. in Forensic Science (Hons.) M.Sc. Physics / Chemistry / Mathematics M.Sc. Biotechnology / Microbiology
FACULTY OF AGRICULTURE
B. Sc. (Hons) Agriculture B.Sc. (Ag) +ABM
FACULTY OF LAW
Integrated Law viz., BBA LLB, BCom LLB, BSc LLB, BBA LLB.LL.M.
FACULTY OF DESIGN
B. Des. Interior Design, | Jewellery Designing & Manufacturing Bachelor of Visual Art (BVA) Painting |Graphic Design B. Des. Fashion Design
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
BA –English, Economics, Psychology