“The whole purpose of education is to turn mirrors into windows.”
– Sydney J. Harris
This quote reflects a beautiful expression of education that equips a student with the knowledge to look at the world from a holistic approach the way it is, thereby transforming young minds into innovative and productive professionals.
Productive professionals are created with scientific education, the right mentoring, and effective grooming with the required subject knowledge, including modern developments. With professional expertise, well-equipped infrastructure, experienced faculties, and many other essential aspects, Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology, based in Hyderabad, is the source of modern professionals.
Guided under the able leadership of its CEO, Mr. Abhijit Rao Katikaneni, Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology has achieved a new benchmark in developing smart and well-trained professionals who have achieved different respected levels in the modern industry.
The Humble Beginning
Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology (SNIST)–Hyderabad, sponsored by Sree Educational Group was established in the year 1997 by Chairman Dr. K.T. Mahhe, an extraordinary educationist, a pragmatic leader, and a dynamic entrepreneur with rich experience in Academics and Industry.
A genuine commitment to the mission and dedicated leadership has made SNIST one of the finest and most well-recognized higher educational institutions in India. A variety of facilities in the campus includes state-of-the-art labs with sophisticated equipment, libraries, Wi-Fi enabled campus, a knowledge centre, lavish AC auditoriums, smart classrooms, Hostels with premium facilities, amenities on campus including ATM, bookstores, dining options, cafeterias, playground and many more give the students a truly fulfilling and enriching experience.
Highly qualified faculty, flexible and dynamic curriculum, exciting research projects, and global connections are the features that set SNIST ahead of the rest. The students here are encouraged to participate in a wide range of academic, practical, co-curricular, and extra-curricular programs to gain the required exposure to various social, cultural, and intellectual opportunities and challenges. Such interesting learning experiences have transformed its students into multi-skilled and multi-tasking personalities, ensuring success in their lives and careers.
Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology strives to achieve academic excellence through a futuristic outlook in a well-disciplined environment by applying the following principles:
- Commitment to continuous improvement in all areas.
- Involvement of people with academic expertise and industrial knowledge at all levels.
- Up-gradation of infrastructure and facilities from time to time.
The Value Education
The teaching methodology implemented in Sreenidhi Institute is based on its profound curriculum, which covers the subjects properly from various aspects of theoretical, practical and research-based practices. The students get to learn from different sources including modern technologies that encourage insightful learning developing their inquisitive skills and creative capabilities.
Abhijit K is a man of purpose who harbours the vision of using advancements in technology, to make the world a better place. He imbibes within every member the same vision and the habit of life-long learning. Abhijit has been active in bringing about positive changes in the environment that inspire the students about the values and guiding principles that equip them in transforming them into successful leaders and entrepreneurs.
With a confident smile, he exclaim, “I am proud of the institute’s direction, the faculty members uphold the highest standards of academic excellence, our staff is highly dedicated and committed, and we have enriched students’ experience at SNIST year on year and will continue to do so in the coming years.”
Building with Technology
He observed that technology is driving change around at a breakneck speed. The 21st century is remembered for its advancements in technology and the forefront of these innovations are engineers. These transformations will have a profound impact on the way they live, work and learn. Technological innovations help bridge gaps and create an impact. The well-equipped lab and teaching systems enable the students to explore new opportunities and learn the business skills essential in the modern world.
Rising from Challenges
According to Abhijit, the technological transformations were not smooth and predictable. Several challenges regarding acceptance, adaptability, compatibility and adjustments were faced. The management implemented orientation sessions with regular communication and practice in tackling the issue.
Challenges are a part of our lives. It is good to see and experience the challenges in the early stages itself as they provide the real market wisdom required to work efficiently and bring about change. The practical sessions and case studies provided on certain real-life business scenarios provides them with excellent opportunities in applying their knowledge. In the initial stages, they came across challenges at certain levels, but the leadership focused on the central objective and got solutions through the positive approach of the team members.
Replying as his advice to young professionals entering the education sector, Abhijit instructs them to develop a learner’s approach with a patient and polite attitude. These young students are very smart and intelligent as their questions are very unique and thought-provoking. Develop an attitude of helpfulness and dedication. It is during the work and continuous interactions that you will realize several new aspects. This practical learning will strengthen you in becoming a seasoned education professional.
Embarking on a Dynamic Future
At Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology, the team endeavoured for excellence, aiming to equip the engineers of tomorrow with the skills and exposure to be at the forefront of their field. The institution strives to provide a holistic quality education to its students, in ensuring they are well equipped to meet all types of life challenges. The institute focuses on the development of in-depth skill-building to best equip the students for life after graduation. The vision of using advancements in technology, to make the world a better place is imbibed within all the students supported with the habit of life-long learning.
Impressive Placement Record
The quality of education, the dynamism and energy displayed by the students has yielded steadily growing campus placements across several industrial sectors including banking and finance, software development, education, automobile, telecom, SaaS, e-commerce, digital media, retail, FMCG, consumer electronics, IT & ITES, Product Based & Core companies and many more.
The Training and Placement Cell of SNIST called as Career Development Centre(CDC) has emerged as one of the most happening destinations for many national and multinational organizations for recruiting fresh talent nurtured on the campus. In its journey towards excellence, the management, faculty and placement departments work in close coordination to achieve the desired targets of student employment. Regular mentoring and one-on-one counselling sessions are provided to students facing difficulties in the recruitment process.
Career Development Centre headed by Director Mr. Vasudeva Rao Yellapu with experienced team placed students with average CTC of 6.5 LPA and highest CTC of 45 LPA. More than 30000+ students are placed across the years who rose top management levels as CEOs, CTOs, CMOs etc. World’s BIG4 companies visit SNIST under CDC. Students trained on emerging technologies and coding skills to equip with highest CTC offers. CDC conducts International University Day and closely work on CICTR and other Corporate Trainings as well.
- Sreenidhi Institute of Science and Technology (SNIST), Hyderabad, was established in the year 1997 (25 Years old).
- First Engineering College in Telangana to be accredited by NBA among 191 engineering colleges affiliated to JNTU, Hyderabad.
- SNIST is also accredited with “A+” Grade by NAAC.
- SNIST is the first to become Autonomous among all engineering colleges affiliated to JNTU, Hyderabad.
- SNIST was accredited by NBA of AICTE within 5 years of its existence.
- Top rankers (2% to 5%) of Engineering, Agriculture and Medical Common Entrance Test (EAMCET) examinations join SNIST.
- SNIST has Student’s Exchange Programs with top Universities of the USA – Illinois Institute of Technology, University of Bridgeport and University of Detroit Mercy.
Top Companies have Centre of Excellence (CoE) with SNIST:
- CISCO Networking Academy
- AWS Academy
- Palo Alto Cyber Security Academy
- Microchip Academy
- Red Hat Academy
- CoE with Virtusa
- CoE with Amazon on AI & ML
- CoE with EPAM
- The placements in SNIST have been growing consistently with an average growth rate of 9% over the last 7 years regularly at rising direction.
- SNIST maintained 90% Plus Placement percentage.
- Indian multinational organizations, including Wipro, Cognizant, and Infosys, have consistently hired employees from SNIST in the past ten consecutive years.
- Amazon, Adobe, CtrlS, Cisco, Deloitte, Dell, Experian, HSBC, Hyundai, Deloitte, Intergraph, Infotech, Juspay, L&T, Oracle, Salesforce, SAP, Samsung, Mahindra & Mahindra, Mu Sigma, NCR Corporation, Virtusa, Codenation, Ashok Leyland, HCL Technologies, Accenture, Cognizant, Synopsys, TCS, Infosys, Wipro, Cap Gemini, IBM, Tech Mahindra, etc.
Every year, new companies are visiting SNIST including the ones which are the latest in innovation and market disruption. Uber – India visited SNIST in 2017, as soon as it became popular in India in 2016. Amazon visited SNIST in 2014 in a similar way. This bears testimony to the fact that SNIST is of high preference for both wellestablished and upcoming MNCs. More than 300 companies visited in 2022. 216 + companies visited in 2023 as on date still counting +.
Some interesting placement statistics of SNIST from the year 2021-22 Batch:
- The total Offers received were 1910.
- Highest CTC bagged was ₹38 Lakhs per annum.
- The average CTC recorded was ₹5.6 Lakhs annually.
- 90% of Placement Record Registered.
- For the 2023 batch, average CTC is ₹6.5 Lakhs per annum. Placements are going ON for the 2023 batch.
Understanding the Rise of SNIST as a preferred recruitment destination for Indian companies:
The answer is straight and simple. Corporate firms are inclined to recruit from SNIST for the following reasons:
- SNIST follows a stringent student selection procedure on the basis of merit.
- Its world-class curriculum is constantly updated to match the industry requirements.
- The highly qualified faculty members with doctoral degrees are actively involved in research and journal publications.
- SNIST’s Internship Programmes ensure every student spends over 7 months working in the industry even before graduation ensuring real life applications of their course.
- It nurtures the students in every field of their interest. Soft-skills development is an integral part of classroom experience through presentations and open-ended learning techniques.
- Students are given further avenues to express themselves and develop skills beyond academics through a variety of extracurricular activities including student managed clubs and events.
The consistent placement record illustrates our commitment towards fulfilling the institution’s mission.