Leadership is not about a title or a designation. It is about impact, influence, and inspiration.
My secret mantra is – maintain discipline in life, be grounded, follow work ethics, embrace your fears, and accept all challenges. For me, my work is worship, and I never took it for granted. Believe in your dreams, work hard persistently and follow your passion.
You should always collaborate with likeminded learners and noble souls to reach the common goal of spreading knowledge and wisdom. If you are motivated and charged up, you can impact the world around you. No doubt, you can be the future thought leader who can engage and enlighten hundreds of people with radiance of wits.
Life is not a bed of roses. Success does not come on a platter. You need to toil hard to earn it. I too had my challenges and hardships to maintain a balance between my professional and personal life. I believe in “All is well that ends well.”
The message which I want to share with all my readers is:
- Introspection – Stop for a while and assess yourself, where have you gone wrong. List the reasons for the failure and quickly do the SWOT Analysis to find out your Strengths, Weakness, Opportunity, and Threats. Think for a while and implement the assessment for your future growth.
- Draft the schedule and timetable for yourself – You need to be systematic and organized to see the things happening. The more good the structure is the more balanced is the end result.
- Maintain a journal – The habit of diary keeping and maintaining work wonders. If possible, make it your best friend.
- Planning – Plan your day with a positive start and end with a satisfaction which should result in a blissful sleep.
- Set goals – Aim in life and targets should be set to work upon, not to be penned down and then forget. Chase them and make it happen in your life.
- Eliminate negative energy and elements – You should always be surrounded with positive people and good environment. Positive vibes and frequency help in execution of the work. Remove all obstacles and hindrances from your life.
- Execute – Once your goals are all set, put them in action with your perseverance, determination, and sincere efforts.
- Prepare for the risk factor – All that glitters is not gold. Be prepared for failures too. Only then taste the success. You will relish it forever.
- Accept challenges – Be a change maker. Be bold and brave enough to face your fears and overcome them.
- Never give up your attitude – Come out of your comfort zones, grill yourself. motivate, encourage, and develop the passion for your work. Remember, you have to become a Leader and not a Follower. Chase your dream. Try, try, until you succeed. Lady Luck will surely shine on you provided you are honest, loyal and faithful to your mission and vision of your life.
The last but not the least piece of advice – Do not underestimate your health. Be conscious of your fitness. Have your “me-time” every day for meditation, Yoga, work out and breathing exercises. Stay home, stay safe. Spread positivity with your sunshine. Vouch for humanity and be an ambassador for peace and harmony.
To sum up quoting the lyrics of late Michael Jackson’s song:
“Heal the world, Make it a better place,
For you and for me, and the entire human race.
There are people dying If you care enough for the living,
Make a better place for you and for me.”
About the Author
Shelly Bisht is an educator, writer, global speaker and host and social activist. She has built a long-term and stable career in teaching through 21 years of dedicated service in the educational field. She is currently working as PGT English at SGN New Delhi. Recently, she was appointed CBSE Observer for the Board Practical of Class XII 2020-21. She has also been appointed as Assistant Head Co-ordinator for CBSE Evaluation work for English 301 Core 2019-20.
A Masters in MA Literature, B.Ed and MBA in Marketing & HR, she pursued the passion of teaching Class XI/XII and has 21 years of CBSE experience in New Delhi. She is a voracious reader and traveller and won many awards.