The institute aims to deliver world-class learning facilities with an excellent ambiance for academics and research conjugated with a vibrant environment for honing the extra and co-curricular skills.
MIT Arts, Commerce and Science College, Alandi (D), Pune, was established in 2007 under the aegis of Maharashtra Academy of Engineering and Educational Research (MAEER) Pune. The founder of the MIT group, Prof. (Dr.) Vishwanath Karad took an initiative to impart quality education with easy access to the young generation in the rural area and the mission for excellence in education. The college started with only 17 students in BCA course, whereas in 2019, it has grown to 1838 students in seven different courses catering to the dynamic need of diversity of education in various fields. MIT has an excellent reputation as a leader and is a pioneer in spreading education to a wide community with its rich academic and cultural heritage, which contributes to developing noble citizens to serve society.
Top-Notch Infrastructural Facilities
The college campus spreads over 4 acres in a beautiful and peaceful atmosphere at pilgrim place of Alandi near Indrayani River where Saint Dnyaneshwar, the poet and philosopher, devoted his life in establishing rationality of reason.
The efforts are made by the institute to create a world-class infrastructure with latest technological advancements. Smart classrooms with a spacious place, hygienic washrooms, purified drinking water, canteen, high-quality surveillance CCTV cameras, ladies room, sports ground, digitalized library, well-equipped computer labs with internet center, and so on are provided to the students.
Pursuing Academic Excellence
MIT primarily focuses on bringing excellence in education and research. The college is continually focusing on the holistic development of students. It actively helps all students to use their skills and knowledge to perform well in college so that they may also perform professionally in the industrial workplace. The college offers various facilities to the students including:
- Providing continuous mentorship to the students, where students can interact with the mentor and discuss their problems. This strategy is extremely helpful in resolving many issues like problems at home, low parental support, and low confidence.
- The college provides financial support to the students via merit scholarship and helps financially weaker section of students by allowing them to deposit fee in installments.
- Conducting remedial classes for slow learners to align them with the rest of the students of the class.
- Conducting bridge courses to connect the gap between acquired knowledge and prerequisite knowledge for the course and to overcome technical difficulties.
- Providing soft skills training for the students’ development.
The Responsive Principal
Prof. Dr. B. B. Waphare is the Principal of MIT. He is an academic visionary who has been enthusiastically and innovatively working in imparting quality education. He aims to inculcate research aptitude, social, and moral values which can support to develop the young generation with potentials to compete with global challenges. Having 22 years of research experience, Dr. Waphare has more than 90 research publications in reputed international and national journals. He has worked as a reviewer for various journals. He has attended and participated in more than 90 international, national, and state level conferences, seminars, and workshops.
The Road to Glory
The institute has achieved numerous laurels for its dedicated endeavors. The various landmarks that it has achieved throughout its illustrious journey include:
- Best College Award (University Level) for three consecutive times (2015-16, 2016-17, 2017-18) by Savitribai Phule Pune University, Pune.
- Its Department of Computer Application was awarded 2nd Rank in Pune and 18th rank in India by India Today – MDRA for the year 2018.
- Its Department of Computer Science has received 3rd rank in Pune and 94th in India by India Today – MDRA for the year 2018.
The college has signed MOUs with many institutions to ensure academic and career enhancement of the students. These institutions include:
- College of Computer Accountants- Add on courses on Tally ERP and advanced excel
- Cognitive Exchange organization based out of Folsom, California, USA- Every Saturday, sessions are conducted on how to deliver a speech and how to improve leadership quality and communication
- IGATE Global Solutions Ltd.- Faculty development program for teachers.
- Vishwakalyan Bahu Uddeshiya- Conducted computer training and awareness program.
Career Development Initiatives
The college has a very efficient Training and Placement Cell. It helps students to understand, realize, and develop employability skills and provides training for interview techniques, aptitude test, and self-presentation. The institute’s Entrepreneur Development Cell aims to develop the spirit of entrepreneurship among the students. Various activities of this cell include creating awareness programs, mentoring students, and assistance in receiving financial support for start-ups.
MIT also focuses on motivating and guiding students for various competitive examinations such as MPSC, UPSC, Bank PO, and so on. Additionally, it also conducts guest lectures by alumni and government officials, and inter-college competitions based on topics related to competitive examinations. Moreover, the Research and Development Cell motivates students to participate in conferences/seminars and present & publish their research papers in conferences and journals.