Exam times are always a stressful and tiring period. Majority of people struggle with concentration issues, time management issues and a lot more. However, successful exam preparation is very much achievable.
There are only a few things to be kept in mind while preparing for an exam. Besides, there are a multitude of online pools of exam materials that are readily available to everyone. Mock tests, courses, and videos like the ones available online, could be of great help. You can even use the available Testbook promo codes 2021 to save massively, and throw away your worry about your budget.
Here are some quick tips for successful exam preparation:
- Keep Everything Organized: The first activity to do while you are getting ready to prepare for your exams is to organize everything you need to get done. Arrange your textbooks, get down your notes, annotate and highlight them etc. Look up useful courses, tests, and videos on websites like Udemy, Testbook, and more. This will help you get everything in one place so that you can focus on studying.
- Fix a Routine: To thoroughly prepare for your exams, it is essential that you fix a routine for yourself. Dedicate specific periods to all your subjects and courses. This will help you simultaneously keep up with all your subjects. Make sure you fix a routine that is comfortable for yourself. Otherwise, it will be difficult to follow for a few days which will then make it of no use.
- Take Mock Tests and Timed Exams: Often, the time limit that inevitably comes with an exam, is the reason for a lot of panicking and nervousness. In fact, many fail at their goals simply because the pressure of being under a time limit becomes too much for them. Therefore, it is crucial to practice taking timed tests before going for an exam. Try out old test papers, mock tests etc. Check out Testbook for a wide range of mock tests and do not forget to avail of the discounts present.
- Take Breaks: Although marathon study sessions might seem necessary, short study sessions with small breaks in between are much more attainable, sustainable, and productive. Do not put yourself under so much pressure that you feel like giving up. Remember, the goal is to create a productive and relaxing study session. If you get too burnt out while preparing for an exam, it will not really serve you well when you are actually going to take it.
- Drink Plenty of Water and eat healthy: Dehydration is a common phenomenon among students during finals week as they concentrate too much. However, not only does it have harmful effects on your health but will ultimately keep you from studying. Also, remember to eat healthy while you study. If you do not feel like cooking, eat fruits instead of take-out or junk food. Excess of such items can make you sick at a crucial time before or during your exam. At the same time, do not skip your meals because if you are hungry and weak, it will mess with your concentration and time management.
- Keep a Timer: Keep a timer on your desk to keep track of your dedicated time slots. It will help you focus and not get distracted while trying to attain your goal. It greatly helps motivate you to keep going for a particular period. Get a digital timer and keep it right in front of your textbook and in your line of vision to not lose focus.
- Keep your Devices Away: One of the most important tips, this is the problem that most students seem to face. Try keeping your devices away during your study sessions. You may look at them during your breaks. If you are studying on your device itself, try keeping it on airplane mode or switching off the notifications to avoid getting distracted or wasting your time. Always think, after finishing with your examinations, you will have plenty of time to scroll endlessly through your phone.
- Discuss with Friends: Contrary to popular belief, friends can be more than distractions while you are preparing for your exams. Exchanging ideas, quizzing each other, explaining things to each other can make for some extremely productive study sessions. Do not hesitate to help your friends or ask them for help because it can help you greatly. Explaining a concept that you studied can help you go over the concepts repeatedly and will, therefore, help you remember it better.
The happiness from acing an exam and getting one step closer to your goals is an extremely enjoyable and rewarding feeling. Besides, achieving it is also easier than you think! Keep the above tips in mind to have an efficient and productive time preparing for your exam.