TSG aims to see maximum children live a healthy and active lifestyle, not only during childhood but throughout their life and provide those with exceptional sporting talents a launch pad for sporting excellence, thereby giving India International Sports Champions by 2020.
The Sports Gurukul is India’s first of its kind physical education, professional sports and fitness development training organization. In a decade, over 1 Lakh participants have undergone physical education training and sports coaching at the institute and it has now spread its wings in over 25 cities across the country.
The Sports Gurukul team is dedicated towards providing quality sports solutions be it through coaching, event management, sports consulting, or infrastructure development.
The institute believes that it is important to provide a safe environment for children to train. Hence, it ensures that the Sports facilities are well maintained and are at par with the international sports safety standards. It has a well-furnished infrastructure with utmost offerings with continuous development.
It has L2F (Life Long Fitness) which is a systematic, structured and integrated fitness program for schools with the core objective of laying such a foundation in fitness and sports amongst children which will help them throughout their life.
The square approach:
- To become the most preferred service provider for school PE and SPORTS programs in India.
- To help children pursue sports as a career.
- To create awareness about physical fitness through sports to people of all age groups.
- To work on the overall development of a child leading to a complete personality development.
It provides physical education for schools in India, sports training, school sports management and total sports management services for schools and colleges to help them take their sports to the next level, and conduct Training Programs for all outdoor and indoor sports. TSG’s coaches have trained more than 15000 students at grass root level over a decade.
The Resourceful Duo
Jay Shah and Paresh Kothari are the two co-founders of the institute who also play the role of joint MD’s at TSG. Listed below is the information to know more about these two diligent personalities:
About Jay Shah
- An IT marketing professional, whose passion and love for sports drove Jay to enter the field of sports in 2002, eventually leading to the founding of TSG, one of India’s first private grass root sports firms.
- Under his leadership, TSG‘s plan was selected amongst the top 40 (among 16,000+) business ideas across India at the Economic Times Power of Idea Contest 2010. This led do a training program at IIM (A) and a grant from the Dept. Of Science & Technology, Govt of India.
About Paresh Kothari
- An avid sports lover, Paresh co-founded TSG along with Jay, leaving behind a successful career in corporate advisory & investment banking, to pursue his passion for sports and fitness in an entrepreneurial venture.
- He was instrumental in shaping & refining TSG’s business idea which led to its selection in the Top-40 at the Economic Times contest.
- Paresh’s vision & strategy to create a sustainable and scalable business model in sports & physical education, led to TSG start a new innings to become one of the leaders in sports and physical education programs in India.
About the Achievements and Collaborations
The Sports Gurukul has been a recipient of many awards. The organization recently won the Best Sports Coaching Institute award for the fifth time in a row at the Indian Education Awards 2019 (2014-19). It is voted as one of the Top 50 Innovative Sports Start-ups globally in 2017 by Hype Foundation, UK. Also it was twice voted as the “Best Physical Education & Sports Education Program” at the Indian Education Awards 2017 and 2018.
In terms of collaborations the institute has an association with Eric Benny Sports Management (EBSM), Deutsches Football Internat (DFI) and FC Metz which provides TSGFS a pathway for talented Indian footballers to get scouted and trained at European centres of expertise. Also in association with Australasian Academy of Tennis Coaches (AATC) at its various locations it provides best tennis coaching in Mumbai.
An initiative of TSG, TSGSS in association with Michael Phelps Swimming School is one of the few swimming academies in India, which provides an opportunity for young swimmers to get coaching at both, the grass-root level and at the professional level. TSGSS adopts best coaching practices and methodology, thereby developing talent which is ready to meet world class standards.
Another initiative of TSG, TSGBS is a new initiative for aspiring basketball players, which will provide them with an opportunity to get international basketball programming and curriculum at their local academies. TSG Basketball School is providing a pathway for exceptional talents to get a chance to undergo scouting and training with the international partner CFT (USA).
The Notable Alumnus
The Sports Gurukul has a rich pool of talented students, who have marked a name for themselves in the market. To name a few are Isha Mali (2014-15) – Has trained with TSG over the last five years and selected as the Captain of Maharashtra Basketball team. Subroto Ganguly and Amit Chauhan – played Nationals representing Maharashtra during 2011 – 2013 and Kanishka Lohar also played for Maharashtra during the same period. Om Nandkumar Savanekar has been training with TSG and performed remarkably well at the State level for the last 3 years. Came 1st as a team at the 59th National School Games, AP 2013-14, and 2nd at 13th Sub Junior Maharashtra State Archery Championship, Mumbai.
Connect and Engage With the Employees through Sports
The Sports Gurukul is also a Sports Event Management organization which has successfully conducted and executed various sports events, team building activities, and Inter Corporate Tournaments for various companies in India.
In today’s fast paced life, it’s very difficult to create a sense of belonging towards the company amongst the employees. Thus the Corporate Sports Training Program can help one in the following ways:
- Stress Buster– Instead of the usual time out at meetings and conferences, why not take stimulating and energizing fitness splits. The professionals will bring motivation, enthusiasm, and melody in their workaholic schedule. The participants will return to the meeting totally refreshed and ready to go.
- Teamwork– Interacting in groups will build trust, cooperation, and teamwork amongst the employees which is very essential to keep the company’s atmosphere healthy.
- Leadership Qualities– What’s better than sports to augment leadership qualities in a person?
The Value-Added Benefits
The Sports Gurukul is an inspiring and dedicated team which fosters to bring the best among its students. It has a wide spectrum of offerings listed here:
- The partnership with Human Kinetics, gives the institute access to a wealth of knowledge and research activities for an improved insight on physical activity and health.
- Complete support from the authors of FFL [Fitness For Life], which includes internationally renowned professors, coaches, and researchers from every field of physical activity
- In house training centers at Wadala
- Committed and Certified trainers who utilize their professional experiences to develop fitness plans to train students and track their progress
The program is on based Fitness For Life’s H. E. L. P. philosophy. This philosophy teaches the value and benefits of lifelong physical activity as well as the idea that physical activity can and should be fun making the students remain active throughout their lives.
- H ealth for
- E veryone with an emphasis on
- L ifetime activity designed to meet
- P ersonal needs
The Stairway to Lifetime Fitness is used to show the importance of learning decision making and problem solving skills that promote independence. This will help the children to plan and define a lifetime activity program suited to his/her individual needs.