The ground realities of India indicate that there is a substantial need for more educational institutions to meet the dynamic demands of the growing population of the country. On the other hand, it cannot go unnoticed that the digital era is having a profound impact on the education sector. It has become a need of the hour for educational institutions to innovate and be creative and progressive in their approach and be fine-tuned with the changing trends in global education and leadership.
Keeping these in mind, Ryan International Group of Institutions has taken initiatives to transform the educational pedagogy and methodology in order to enhance the positive effects of technology in learning. Having a presence across 40 cities and 18 states in India, Ryan’s curriculum blends ‘future-ready’ skills into everyday learning of its students by using technology and collaborative learning.
Guided by the philosophy of ‘Excellence in Education and All-Round Development’ Ryan’s schools provide a safe and stimulating environment focused on child-centered excellence. The Group aims to develop value-laden global citizens: self-confident individuals who contribute to communities, believe in tolerance & accountability and engage life with well-developed emotional and spiritual quotients.
An Extensive Range of Facilities
Ryan schools endeavor to provide facilities appropriate for quality teaching and meaningful learning. For teaching and learning purposes its schools have: well-equipped classrooms, wifi connectivity, impressive learning resource centers, labs, libraries, etc. For students’ physical well being, it has playgrounds/turf for Tennis, Basketball, Volleyball, Football, Hockey, and a swimming pool. The school also has specialist teaching areas for Media and Art. Ryan has been the only school with in-house media studios offering exceptional media education to the students.
A Zealous Persona
Only a few women in the last few decades have probably made as much of a difference to education in India as Dr. Madam Grace Pinto, Managing Director of Ryan International Group of Institutions. As a leader and example to others in her field, she stands tall, donning multiple roles with practiced ease. With her humble beginnings as a teacher four decades ago, she is today a force to reckon with in the highly competitive and challenging segment of education. Her business acumen, coupled with a deep and abiding faith in God ,has enabled her to partner with her husband, Dr. A. F. Pinto, in building one of India’s largest privately owned and managed chain of K-12 institutions, educating over a quarter of a million students every single day.
Mrs. Pinto has championed the cause of the underprivileged as well as the welfare of senior citizens through several initiatives. She works hard for women’s empowerment and uplifting of the girl child. Thanks to the vision, grit, and determination of Madam Grace Pinto, thousands of children and youth in India have the opportunity to grow holistically and to aspire towards excellence in life.
Ryan’s Many Initiatives
Being in the field of education for the past four decades, Ryan has pioneered and developed several unique practices of both national and international repute that provide students with a wider experience and global exposure. Here are some of the path-breaking initiatives of the group under Madam Grace Pinto’s leadership that makes it stand out from the rest.
- International Children’s Festival: Ryan was the first in India to host this event where each year over 12,000 student participants come together on one platform learning different cultures, establishing camaraderie and nurturing international friendship.
- Indian Model United Nations (INMUN) is yet another international event hosted by the Ryan Group that witnesses participation of over 1500 delegates from countries from South Asian Continent. At this event, students not only develop leadership skills but also improve their knowledge on geopolitical issues and learn the actual functioning of the United Nations.
- International Exchange Programs: These are arranged with institutions based in the US, Italy, Switzerland, Australia, Germany and the UK to provide international exposure to students.
- The World Scholar’s Cup: The Group has been successfully hosting this event which aims to develop leadership qualities among students.
- The Group has partnered with NASA for educational programs and PennHub to provide higher education opportunities for the students.
Apart from the above, Ryan has also taken several initiatives such as the adoption of orphanages, blind homes, and homes for the elderly and community outreach programs, tree plantation and environmental awareness drives, and many more.
Bestowed for Excellence
For their remarkable contribution to the educational sphere, the Ryan Group and Mrs. Pinto, have been recognized with over 200 national and international awards, honors and recognitions.
Some of the recent awards and recognitions include:
- Times Education Icon Award 2019 – For being ranked among the TOP National International Curriculum Schools in the City
- Samson Daniel Award for Ryan Group by HelpAge India, October 2019
- Visionary Leadership in Education Sector Awardby Midday News, May 2019
- Global Leaders Award at the 2nd edition of ‘India UAE Partnership Summit’ 2018 Dubai, October 30-31, 2018 and many more.
- Lifetime Achievement in Education by Digital Learning, August 2018, New Delhi.
The Future Landscape
When asked about what the future holds for Ryan, “Technology is the most emerging trend in education and it is here to stay. We will continue our efforts in integrating technology in education to stay relevant and make education meaningful and engaging and also accessible to all. At the same time, we will continue to grow within India especially in tier-I and tier-II. We are also in a process of collaborating with the foreign universities for higher education possibilities in various disciplines.”, concluded Mrs. Pinto.