The institute aims to create a vibrant knowledge-oriented environment with innovative teaching practices and to inculcate tradition of socially conscious application of technology
The dream of providing altruistic qualitative education elicited Shri Hashu Advani to raise an amiable society titled Vivekanand Education Society (VES). It started with minimal graduates preached in a small barrack, which has now transformed into a hub town of emancipating eminent graduates to different streams carved to face the enticing environment through their 26 institutions ranging from a crèche to PhD centers.
VES strictly follows and strongly believes in – no management quota, no capitation fees, or donations in any form. It’s a pure learning and sharing institution which continues to work for academic excellence.
Vivekanand Education Society’s Institute of Technology (VESIT) has spacious building seated in an area of 17176 square meters having 40 class rooms, tutorial rooms and 60 laboratories and spacious library having more than 49000 books.
The institute is affiliated to the University of Mumbai. It follows the rules and regulations laid down by government, AICTE, and University for admission. 51% of the seats are reserved for Sindhi Linguistic Minority while the rest of 49% is filled through Centralized Admission Process.
Excellent Career-Oriented Programs
VES Institute of Technology is making its presence in Mumbai. It tops the list of preference on admissions not only because of being an experienced institution, but also because of its efficient functioning on imparting quality education through a process of innovative teaching inherited with techniques like Process Oriented Guided Inquiry Learning, Peer learning, Flipped Class room, and Google class room concept etc.
With the objective of providing excellent educational experience the institute includes features contributing to the aspects of looking beyond the syllabus like global exposure, skill enhancement lectures, professional competency enhancement programs, and so on. Hardware and software hackathons are conducted during the technical festival praxis to provide experience of project based learning.
About the Founder
Late Shri Hashu Advani founded Vivekanand Education Society in 1959 with ten members who shared with him a similar dream of selfless service to the motherland by providing value based education. The members of VES were neither trained educationalists nor were rich persons who could afford the costs associated with building an educational institution. They did not inherit anything from their forefathers –neither big properties nor name and fame.
Their beginning was very humble. All of them got together and pooled a fund of Rs. 30000/- (Rupees thirty thousand) to purchase a small barrack where 256 students started studying in six classrooms. Thus the long cherished dream of a school became a reality in 1962.
The institute has produced many graduates who have made it big in various walks of life. Many alumni are working for leading companies in top positions. Some of the renowned alumni of the institute include:
- Dilipkumar Khandelwal – Dilipkumar Khandelwal is the President of SAP HANA Enterprise Cloud and the Managing Director of SAP Labs India. He has been recognized by the Economic Times as a ‘Young Leader under 40’.
- Hari Krishnan – Currently, CEO & Board Director for PropertyGuru Group, South East Asia’s #1 online property company. Prior to PropertyGuru, served as the Vice President & Managing Director, APAC & Japan at LinkedIn.
- Shanti Raghavan – Founder and Managing Trustee of Enable India. She received National Award in 2010, by then President of India, Pratibha Patil, for best individual working for employment of persons with disability. She received “Indian Social Entrepreneur of The Year” in 2016 from Union Minister Nitin Gadkari.
- Pradeep Parameswaran – Working as India and South Asia head, Uber Technologies Inc.
VESIT has made many remarkable achievements throughout its illustrious journey. Some of the notable accreditations and accomplishments of the institute include:
- NBA Accreditation Twice in 10 Years for All Eligible UG courses
- 1st Rank in Maharashtra State in Education World Private Engineering Institutes Rankings 2018-19 & 2017-18
- ‘Most Promising Engineering College With Excellent Faculty in Maharashtra’ award in Asia Education Summit & Awards 2017
- Platinum Category in AICTE-CII Industry-linked Technical Institute Survey 2016
- Results: 100% in MCA and more than 95 % in BE final exams for last 8 Years
- Placements: More than 75% placements for last 8 Years
- Projects with L&T, BARC, IIT Bombay, and so on.
VESIT not only provides the students exceptional educational facilities, but also encourages them to participate in extracurricular activities. Some of the major activities in the institute include:
- Praxis an annual inter-collegiate technical festival
- Utsav, an annual cultural festival
- Technology Day
- Engineers’ Day
- VESIT Premier League (Football), VESIT Cricket League, and so on
Career Opportunities and Exposures
The Centre of Excellence labs in the institute such as Labview Academy of National Instruments, Big data Analytics lab with Cloudera, and so on provides opportunity to the students to learn the upcoming technologies. Accenture Career Day, L&T Day, Technological lecture series by industry experts also increases industry institute interaction and CII-Tech connect (Industry Institute Interaction program) conducted by Emerson Network Power and Confederation of Indian Industries in association with International Society of Automation. The Research & Development culture in the college has helped to bag hardware R&D projects from L&T, BARC, and IIT Bombay.